Goods and Services Tax (GST)
What is GST and how will it affect Celcom customers?
GST stands for Goods and Services Tax, which is imposed at every production and distribution stage in the supply chain. Similar to most other services, all our products and telecommunication services will be subjected to GST at 6% standard rate.
Can you tell me which of your goods and services are exempted from GST?
GST is excluded for the following goods and services:
- International Roaming services
- Any devices sold in designated areas - Tioman, Labuan & Langkawi
- Stamping fee
- Penalty fee
- Transfer of ownership fee
- Transfer of balance amount
- Auto-billing discount
- Total bill of a deceased customer
- Temporary credit dispute
I am your Prepaid XPax customer. When will GST be applicable to me?
GST is applicable every time you reload.
I am your Celcom FIRST Postpaid customer. When will GST be applicable to me?
GST is included in your monthly bill.
I'm a Prepaid user, is GST applicable to me when I use my credit?
GST is only applicable when you reload and not when you utilise your credit.
If I buy a device with bundle package, will I be charged GST for the device?
GST will be applicable on the device price unless you buy the device in one of the following designated areas - Langkawi, Tioman and Labuan.
I am one of your Prepaid customer. I bought a top-up from one of your retailers, why is there no GST number?
When you purchase our reload card with the retailer, the retailer should issue a receipt along with the GST number.
I am a Postpaid user. Where can I find Celcom's GST number for verification?
From the hardcopy bill that you received, you will find the GST number on the top right side. If you are using OCS, you will need to download your bill first. The GST number will be on the top right side.
How do I get my Prepaid tax invoice from your OCS?
You can go to Celcom Online Customer Service under > My Account > My Invoices > View Tax Invoice > Download the required Invoices.
- Existing customers can choose to enroll for a Prepaid tax invoice by navigating to Celcom Online Customer Service under > My Invoices > Tax Invoice Enrollment.
- New customers can opt for Prepaid tax invoices during the registration process at Blue Cube or authorised Celcom dealers. Once customer has completed the request, Prepaid tax invoices are available for download up to a maximum of 6 months. You may also walk in to Blue Cube to request for a hardcopy of your Prepaid tax invoice (if you have opt-in to receive Prepaid tax invoice) for a fee of MYR2. Kindly note that by opting in for the Prepaid tax invoice, the subscriber is giving consent to the using, providing or accepting of the electronic tax invoice. Prepaid tax invoice is available to the subscriber the month after date of opt-in.
Where can I obtain more information on GST implementation?
For more information, you may visit the Customs' website : http://www.customs.gov.my/ms for further information.