Network and Services
Who are entitled for the 4G LTE service?
This service is available to all FIRST™ plans including plans for Enterprise.
How fast is Celcom 4G LTE?
Celcom 4G LTE lets you enjoy 10 times faster speed compared to normal 3G speed. Celcom 4G LTE supports up to 75Mbps with the typical average speeds of between 20Mbps to 40Mbps within the 4G LTE coverage area. Actual browsing speed varies based on your location and device capability.
How fast is the speed for 4G LTE when streaming/downloading/uploading?
i) For streaming videos, it used to take about 5.3 minutes to download a 80MB file, but with 4G LTE, it only takes 32 seconds.
ii) For music downloads, it used to take about 20 seconds to download a 5MB file, but with 4G LTE, it only takes 2 seconds.
iii) For video downloads, it used to take about 1.3 minutes to download a 20MB file, but with 4G LTE, it only takes 8 seconds.
iv) For PDF uploads, it used to take about 1.3 minutes to download a 20MB file, but with 4G LTE, it only takes 8 seconds.
v) For video uploads, it used to take a bout 5.3 minutes to download a 80MB file, but with 4G LTE, it only takes 32 seconds.
Please note that:
i) Speed without Celcom 4G LTE is assumed at 1.5Mbps
ii) Celcom 4G LTE speed is assumed at 20Mbps
Where can I get a full list of Celcom's network coverage?
You can see our full coverage by clicking on this link: http://www.celcom.com.my/personal/plans/wifi/coverage-areas-map-check
My device is able to support 4G LTE services but why is my services still slow?
If you are currently using a 32K SIM card, you will need to change it to a USIM (64K) in order to enjoy Celcom 4G LTE access. To get a new USIM card, visit a selected Blue Cube or Celcom Centre to upgrade for free. (Applicable to Prepaid customers)
You may also need to check whether your area has 4G LTE coverage.
My SIM card supports 4G LTE services but why is my service still slow?
You may need to check if your device supports 4G LTE services. You may also need to check whether your area has 4G LTE coverage.
I have checked my coverage and both my phone and SIM card supports 4G LTE services. My connection is still slow. Can I know why is that?
Depending on the plan you have subscribed to, you may have utilised 100% of your data. You can check your quota balance via:
- Celcom Online Customer Service at http://www.celcom.com.my/onlinecustomerservice
- Type VOL STATUS and send the SMS to 22188 OR type BAL STATUS and send the SMS to 28882
I am working near the Malaysian border. My network service keeps getting disconnected and changed to the other country's operator. How can I avoid this from happening?
You need to go to your phone setting and disable your device from searching the network automatically. You can then manually choose Celcom Network.
I have never had a problem with my area but recently certain services have been disrupted. Why is this happening?
You may need to perform basic troubleshooting. Please refer to the following steps:
- Insert your SIMcard to another functioning device. If the problem does not occur, you may need to check your device.
- If problem still occurs, try inserting another SIM card to your device. If problems does not occur while using your device, you may need to check your SIM card at our nearest Celcom stores. You can find our store by using our store locator: https://www.celcom.com.my/personal/helpsupport/findastore
- If none of the above works, please call our Contact Centre at 0196011111 for further clarification.
I never had a problem with my Celcom line before. But when I contact a specific number, the line was unclear, it frequently have drop-call issues and the receiver can barely hear me. What could be the reason?
If you have never had any issue when calling other numbers, it is advisable for the owner of that specific number to perform basic troubleshooting or call our Contact Centre at 0196011111 for further clarification. The issue might be with the specific number and not with yours.
How can I stop unknown numbers from spamming me?
You may personally block the number through your device. The steps will be different depending on your device. Please refer to the steps below:iPhone
1. Open the Messages app.
2. Select on the message from the spammer.
3. Choose details on the top right hand corner.
4. There will be phone icon and a letter “i” across from the number. Tap on the “i” icon.
5. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and then select on Block this Caller.Android
1. Click and hold the text message from the sender.
2. After a short delay, you will be given a prompt to either delete the message or add to spam.
3. Select “Add to Spam” and confirm the prompt to blacklist the number of the sender.Huawei
1. Open the Messages app and then select Menu and choose Settings.
2. Then choose Spam Settings / Harassment Filter.
3. Now you can go to Add Numbers to Spam and add the number of the person that you need to block.
1. Open the Messages app, press and hold a contact (or phone number).
2. Select Block contact.
3. To block multiple contacts, go to Block contacts. Select the contacts, and select Block.
Dell1. From the Home screen, open the Applications icon.2. Select Messaging.3. Select the message that you want to delete.4. Select Menu.5. Select Delete thread.6. Confirm by choosing Delete.7. To include locked messages, tap to select include locked messages.8. Select Yes.LG1. From the home screen, open Messaging.2. Select Menu > Spam manager.3. Select Spam settings.4. Select Spam numbers.5. Click the trash can icon.6. Select the numbers you wish to unblock.7. Choose DELETE, then confirm with YES.Xiaomi1. Open the Messaging app.2. Tap and hold the message from the contact/number that you want to block.3. Select Add to block list.4. Confirm by clicking on OK once prompt.